Have you ever seen any advertisement while surfing the Internet or buying something online or making any transactions?
Absolutely, the answer is YES.
You do not have an idea how dangerous they can be, some of them appear not just as an advertisement only, behind that some viruses are programmed by programmers and yes, SPYWARE is one of them.
Spyware, as the name only defines it, is a software especially designed to spy on our activities while surfing the Internet or performing any work. Probably it is designed to access our personal information whatsoever is there on a computer. It collects our confidential data like email passwords, credit card numbers and PINs. It also monitors or tracks our activities while browsing. It can modify our files and documents which we’ve saved in our PCs. Also, it can leak our sensitive information to some other parties.
How do they get into our systems?
Nowadays, we all are very frequent on the Internet and do most of our work online which increases the chances of viruses to get injected into our systems.
Here are the ways by which the viruses get into our systems:-
- Downloading files from untrustworthy sites
- Clicking on some ads or pop-up windows that appear instantly
- Opening some unfamiliar email attachments
- Inserting USB flash drives or Pen Drives
- Using outdated antivirus software
- Not scanning the system and files on a regular basis
Problems we face because of the Spyware -
- It steals our information by which we might catch in crime or we can lose our money as well
- It damages our systems permanently
- It sends some unplanned messages to strangers
Protecting Yourself from Spyware -
- First of all, try not to give them a single way to enter into your PC
- Install antivirus software and scan every file on a regular basis and if you don't know which antivirus software you should install & run then go for free trial version so that you can figure out which is the best for your computer.
- Keep a computer and antivirus software up-to-date and scanned
- Do not click on pop-up ads
- Ignore downloading from untrustworthy sites
Spyware is not a big problem, ignorance is. Spyware and other viruses are always dangerous for us, but to avoid these problems you’ve to be alert every time.