Is your data protected on your system? Are you compromising in some or the other way on privacy! Then, just don’t let it work like this. Protect your system with the easy tips to solve the problem of privacy of your data. Generally, as a user, you are individually responsible for your data security. Many a times, when we browse over Internet, we barely look through our security. While surfing through websites, performing transactions, logging into social media, etc. we forget to check, in which working zone we are doing all this. Never do such mistake of compromising with your data privacy.
Keep your data protected and safe from others with these following tricks:
- Be attentive about what you post online as the things you share on the Internet can stay there forever until you delete them.
- Ignore the instantaneous communications or anonymous email, calls or SMS, etc. that immediately ask you for your personal information. They can be phishing attacks and can harm your data privacy.
- Always use secure networks for activities like banking, online shopping or using social media account. Performing this kind of activities over public networks can allow hackers to steal your personal and financial information.
- Protect your data with strong passwords, make sure to contain numbers, a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, and special characters.
- Ensure the feature of data encryption if you store any sensitive data such as passwords, bank account details, social security number, etc., in external storage devices.
- Try not to keep same passwords for different online accounts. Provide different and easy to remember passwords for accounts. It will ensure the better safety of transactions over the internet.
- To protect your valuable data take regular backups of your system.
- Data deleted even by ‘Shift+Del’ can be retrieved using data recovery tools. So, to prevent this, learn more about secure delete feature of antivirus.
- An important step to protect your data and privacy is to know about a website and how it is using your personal information.
- Always sign out properly from websites once you are done, especially when you are using a public or shared computer. For example: At cafes’ or office zones.
- While shopping, banking or paying bills online, ensure that the website’s URL begins with “https://” and is accompanied by a locked padlock symbol.
- Avoid checking, ‘Remember me’, ‘Remember password’, ‘Keep me logged in’ boxes.
- Learn and access more of Facebook privacy settings to ensure that others see only what you want them to see.
- Block unauthorized storage devices from copying personal or sensitive data from your system. Any of the anti-virus security tool can help you better at this.
- Ensure your PC/ Laptop with anti-spyware protection as it is one of the major threats to your data privacy.
- Download free antivirus software from verified publishers over the internet to protect your PC from viruses and malware.
Go through these easy tips to ensure a better security of your data and protect confidentially personal information over the internet. For more updates regularly stay in touch with Sniper Corporation blog.