The incidents you see in the news, television, society, your nearby places etc. are needless to say the requirement of password and security to your system, phones or tablets. Increasing crimes keeps on alarming people time and again to maintain their privacy and manage their accounts with the most confidential passwords. So to feel secure and to keep your information confidential and intact you need to have a very strong password.
Easily accessible passwords should be avoided :
- Usually weak passwords possess these flaws :-
- Passwords consisting simple names like spouse’s name, kid’s name and pet’s name can be too easy to crack.
- Likewise, password with a name you have picked up from your email-id will be easily acknowledged.
- Direct words from the dictionary can be easily guessed.
- Sequencing of characters like ‘98765’ is too common and predictable.
What makes a strong password:-
- Passwords containing at-least 2 symbols like #, @, ^ and 2 numbers like 0-9.
- If using direct words, then use them in the form of a phrase. For example, instead of using ‘City’, use ‘city of lights’. It will be more confusing and difficult to identify.
- At-least one capital letter should be used for a strong password.
- Passwords with a good length containing at-least 8 characters are one of the strongest passwords.
Brute force attack is another threat :
- A brute force attack also known as extensive key search is one such attack which can affect any encrypted data except a few.
- The worst thing this attack comes with is one can go on a spree of all possible passwords until it reaches the correct one.
- This method is considered one of the most common ways to crack short passwords but for longer passwords, there are more options available like dictionary attack.
- To make these ‘brutes’ ineffective, you should obscure the data you are going to encrypt so that the hacker will not get anything even after cracking the code.
Accentuate the strength of your Password :
Passwords being one of the most reliable source of keeping your data, pictures and information personal, you should be very keen and observant while creating them. Checking the strength of your password is one of the best option. The easiest and the most trustworthy way to find out the durability and strength of your password helps you to check on the privacy of your system. This can be done in a few simple steps.
Lets understand this with an example : Neha Sabarwal gives Ne + wal = Newal
- Simple names are not effective enough: If you keep your name as your password without any caps, the system will detect in less than 1 second and it will come in the category of worst passwords.
- Begin your name with capital letter: Even after using caps in the name ‘Newal’, the cracking time remains the same that is less than a second. You need to make it more complicated.
- Go for symbols rather going simple: ‘Newal@’ will take only 1 second to be identified. Needs to be more precise.
- Adding numbers will be more helpful: Adding on numbers after the symbols ‘Newal@4’ will increase the time up to 52 seconds only which again shows weakness of the password but is more than the earlier ones.
- Numbers along with symbols plays a vital role: Name ‘Newal@4^’ is not as easy as the others and guessing it will be a tough task. It will at least take 22 minutes to be cracked but again time is short and you need to complicate your password.
- Random series of number will definitely work: Using random numbers after putting symbols will be way too helpful and safer. The name ‘Newal@4^4680’ will be the most appropriate password as it needs at least 19 years to be solved which will be way too longer and one needs to believe that it is a good password.
You can manage your password as much as you want but remembering them is one of the most important thing. Saving them at the right places will always help you . And a Strong password assures your security.
Infomation Source: Sniper Corporation | Free Antivirus for Windows 10